Romantic, fresh, candy colors, beautiful, round, colorful, made of wool, made of tissue paper, made of napkins … Yes, exactly! That’s the variety of pompons. We propose you this great way to transform your home into a happy environment. In this article, we show you how you could make pompoms!
Making pompoms: How can I make a pompom myself!
A beautiful craft idea for every occasion! These gorgeous pompoms are perfect for your birthday or the next party. They are also suitable for beautifying the nursery or simply as a decoration anywhere in the apartment. Do you know that you can make pompoms in different sizes and colors? It is recommended, however, to combine different pompons. How to create a colorful and happy effect! Everybody who wants to be creative has to make pompons.
Beautiful pompons in bright tones!
How you can make pompoms yourself, we show you in the craft instructions step by step! We wish you a lot of joy in the aftermarket!
Make pompoms out of napkins!
For this you need 5 napkins, a pair of scissors and a thin band:
- Unfold each napkin!
- Then fold the napkin like an accordion!
- After that put all 5 folded napkins on top of each other!
- Cut all napkins in the middle a few mm from both sides, but DO NOT cut them!
- Take the ribbon and tie a knot around the cut center! But please choose the strap best, as it is the suspension for the pompom!
- Cut the two ends round so that the pompon has a nice shape!
- Take the first napkin and pull apart the individual layers carefully!
- So … until all layers are separated!
- The pompon looks fluffy, right?
- The pompom is already done!
Now you just have to hang it up! Have fun!
Make pompoms out of tissue paper!
Tissue paper pom-poms are feather-light and can be attached at heights. The more leaves you use, the rounder and fuller the pompon will be after unfolding! You need the following materials: Tissue paper (at least 8 leaves) in the desired color; a pair of scissors, ruler and wire:
- Lay the paper so that the narrow side is in front of you!
- Then fold, fold and fold: in order to fold the perfect accordion, the paper is turned over again and again on the other side!
- Fold each sheet of paper in this way!
- Then put the two ends together so that the middle is marked!
- Carefully cut a few millimeters at the midline!
- The wire is wound exactly at these cuts! Turn about 3 barks and then knot the wire tightly together!
- Then you can trim the ends as you like!
- The unfolding of the layers of paper is the last step here! Lift the single paper layer in the middle and at the corners and pull it apart!
- Repeat these steps for every paper layer!
- Find a little place for your new ones and hang them up!
Make woolen pompoms!
To make these pompoms, you need a piece of wool, a piece of cardboard, scissors and compasses:
- Use the compass to draw a circle the size of the desired pompom on the piece of cardboard and in this circle draw another, but smaller one!
- Cut out the shape to create a ring. Use the ring as a template for another cardboard ring, so you end up with two identical cardboard rings!
- Divorce a little bit!
- Lay the two cardboard rings on top of each other and gradually wrap them evenly with wool!
- The smaller the opening in the middle of the rings at the end, the fluffier the pompom will be!
- Cut the wool on the long side between the cardboard rings!
- Finally, pull a wool thread between the two cardboard rings and knot it! Make sure the thread is tight enough. Only then does the pompon end up with the necessary stability!
- Remove the cardboard rings!
- Protruding threads are cut off with the nail scissors!
- And the pompon is done!
More beautiful Pompon ideas are at your disposal in the following picture gallery! Immediately try to make great pompons yourself! We wish you exciting crafts!
Romantic pompoms in pink!
Pompons as decoration for the wedding!
Appealing and pretty pompom decoration for every occasion!
Make fresh pompoms!
Pompons as a stylish decoration!